What is WordPress?
WordPress is an Open Source project, which means there are hundreds of people all over the world working on it. (More than most commercial platforms.) It also means you are free to use it for anything from your cat’s home page to a Fortune 5 web site without paying anyone a license fee.
- Installs in < 15 minutes in most cases
- Well Developed User Community
- Well developed Website Widgets
- Thousands of Site Themes Available
- Easily switch Site Appearance
- Easily Integrate Google Analytics
- Easy to integrate your HTML code
- Built in Site Search
- Both visual And HTML Editors Available
- Built-In RSS Support
Some of the more useful plug-ins already available include:
- Scripturizer: Automatically converts scripture references to links in your choice of versions
- Google Analytics: using your site key it will automatically add all the code necessary so every one of your pages will track correctly
- Verse of the Day: allows you to integrate into a template an automatic feed from Bible Gateway
- Contact form: there are multiple versions of this plug-in with very complex options, others rather simple.
- All-in-one SEO pack: very nice plug-in for webmasters allowing you to add various keywords to each of the pages in your site
- Automatic upgrade: once installed this allows you to update your WordPress version as well as most plug-ins with only a few simple clicks.
- Automatic Backup: easily backup your database and offers several options for the location of the backups.
- Sermon Browser this is a very nice plug-in for uploading audio and PowerPoint presentations.
- WordPress Docs
- More WordPress Themes
- Even more themes
- Why WordPress?
- Best Theme Resources
- Theme Lab
- Elegant Themes
- Theme Forest